Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I rode the Metro and visited USA TODAY!

Today was great! I went to Washington, D.C., for the first time. 

We drove from Bethesda, Maryland, to Washington, D.C., and I found out something pretty cool about D.C. -- Many of the streets are named after states! On our way into the city, we drove down Wisconsin Ave. to Connecticut Ave. to Missouri Ave., past Nevada Ave., Colorado Ave., Georgia Ave., Kansas Ave., and Hawaii Ave.!

We drove to Union Station to drop off the baby at daycare. Then I got to take the Metro! It was crowded, but I found seat.



We rode the Red Line from Union Station to Metro Center. If you look on the map below, you can see where we rode. Click HERE for a larger map.


After riding the Metro, we visited the USA TODAY Bureau!

A lot of stuff happens in Washington, D.C. The president lives here and lawmakers in the U.S. Congress are busy making laws. Meanwhile, the U.S. Supreme Court hears cases. So, as you can imagine, there are a lot of reporters in this town to cover all this activity!


USA TODAY is one of the largest and most well-known papers in the country. It has a daily circulation of almost 2 million! I got to see many of the reporters hard at work! I can't wait to read what they wrote in tomorrow's paper!



At the end of the day, we went home to Bethesda, Maryland. I finally got to meet the baby! Here we are. She is pretty cute. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment